He Can't get Fat !!!!

EAT your heart out – because this is a man who can scoff what he likes but never puts on an ounce of weight.

John Perry, 59, has a rare condition that makes his body rapidly burn off fat.

John Perry ... as slim lad

He regularly gulps down Chinese takeaways, chips, bars of chocolate, fruit pies, treacle tart and clotted cream.

Yet the 6ft 1in security guard’s weight stays rock steady at 11st 12lb.

John’s condition, called total body lipodystrophy, is caused by high levels of insulin that would normally be fatal.

If a drugs company can work out how his body deals with the hormone it would have the ultimate dieting weapon – and a cure for Britain’s obesity epidemic.

John used to be such a chubby kid that friends even called him “Fatty”.

But then his weight dropped off “almost overnight” when he was 12.

He recalled: “The doctors couldn’t understand what had happened.

"They thought I had a stomach ulcer or wasn’t eating.

“I didn’t like being slim at first. As a teenager playing football I was so thin I got embarrassed taking my shirt off.

Treacle

“I used to eat loads of chocolate to try and put on weight but I couldn’t.”

John endured a decade of tests before his illness was diagnosed. His body produces six times the normal level of insulin.

He was presented to the Royal Society of Medicine where 40 docs were told: “Take a good look, this is the only example of this condition you will ever see in your medical career.”

Grub ... John loves junk food

Grub ... John loves junk food

Alamy

John, from Ilford, Essex, said: “I love junk food, chips and chocolate.

I love fruit pies and usually have those every day, or treacle tart. But the hormone means I don’t store fat on my body.”

Dr Barbara Baucher, who diagnosed his condition, called it the “slimmer’s dream” and contacted pharmaceutical giant GlaxoSmithKline.

The firm said: “This is a very interesting case.” John adds: “I’d like my legacy to be helping to cure obesity.”

No comments:

Post a Comment